- Designed to eliminate mouth suctioning of meconium
- Suction control port for intermittent suctioning
- Attaches to most endotracheal tubes
- Featured in the Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation*
- N0102 (yellow) allows for easier identification
- Not made with natural rubber latex or plasticizer DEHP
- Individually packaged
1) Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation, 6th Edition (2011) pg. 43, Figure 2.7
Neotech’s revolutionary Meconium Aspirator, which appears in the “Textbook of Neonatal Resuscitation,” has created a safer way to aspirate meconium from newborns’ lungs. It is conveniently compatible with most endotracheal tubes, comes in both clear and yellow, and features a suction control port for use when infants need intermittent suctioning for safety. Clinicians praise it for its ease of use and its 20-year track record of safe application.
Step 1 Connect barbed end of Neotech Meconium Aspirator to suction line.
Step 2 Set the suction pressure at 80mm Hg or less.
Step 3 Intubate patient with proper ET tube.
Step 4 Connect 15mm I.D. end of Neotech Meconium Aspirator to 15mm O.D. ET tube adapter.
Step 5 Block thumb port with thumb to begin suctioning.
Step 6 Suction for two seconds or less at a time until meconium is full removed. Suction meconium intermittently.
Note: For intermittent suctioning, unblock thumb port to stop suctioning. Block thumb port again to continue suctioning.
Step 7 Continue to suction while ET tube is withdrawn.
Step 8 Discard after use.
INDICATIONS FOR USE
The Neotech Meconium Aspirator is intended for use as a suction device to aspirate meconium from a newborn’s upper airway.
CAUTIONS & WARNINGS
Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
Single patient use only.